Wednesday, June 5, 2013

God gifted me...

"Do for others selflessly  and  you will be rewarded"
I  am writing one of  my train journeys when i was returning from bhopal to sambalpur.

It was around 4pm and i was  at the Katni Railways station. I was very hungry then and the hunger in me forced to get something that  could overcome it but i found nothing in that station except a dozen  banana. So i bought that .
I was along with my cousin. He was hungry too.....in fact more than me. So i gave him 8 bananas and kept 4 for myself. By the time the train left Katni I had finished one banana and took out another to have when i realised that a poor little child (around 8 to 9 years in age, he seemed like since  long hours he had nothing, he seemed too poor ) was looking at me ......no, actually he was looking at the banana in my hand. I knew he was hungry so i offered him a  banana. He grasped it and ate it immediately and faster than me.

How hungry he was !!!!! I could realise.

I felt like one banana came to a very good use....i felt good  of myself though i too was very hungry.
Then the poor child got down the train in the next station.
The train left...
3hrs past  and still then no food items in any station. It was around 9:30pm and i was at the top level of my hunger. And what to say about my cousin, he was in the hell of it .
While we both were in a conversation with each other in our regional language i.e. Odia, a man sitting beside me enquired us whether we were from Odisha ! After this we three had a very good conversation for about 45 minutes. As always,like minded people get together where ever they are.
Then the new person took out a tiffin box which his wife had packed  for him to have it while in the train.

He took out ten puris from it , kept 4 and gave rest to us along with a sabji. It was "chana masala". As i was very very much hungry, i could not ignore it. First we thanked him and then had the tiffin. It was  superb. I felt like it was the gift of god and fortunately it was.
Suddenly i realised that i had given a banana to a poor hungry child in the evening so I could feel the presence of god not only because I got something to eat but let me also say that "puri along with chana masala" is my favourite ever.
So if its not god's gift then what is it !!!!

1 comment: